Saturday, August 15, 2015

My inner globetrotter (Part 3)

I apologize to all five of you who read this for my annoying flooding of posts. Also, if you haven't read C's posts about her dream travels you should get to that because they're cool and beautiful and fun and exciting. JUST LIKE HER.

North America

-Spend the day at Harry Potter World. I've stated in a previous post that I'm a huge fan of Harry Potter, so it would only be natural for a lost student from Hogwarts to visit such a place. Coming here wouldn't just be a day full of magic and fun, it would allow me to live in the world of Harry Potter, a place that merely existed in minds and on pages, but because of the wonderful people that were able to turn this fantasy world into something real, the dreams of many have come true.

-Museum hop in New York City. Although it does cost a bit more money to go around museums in NYC, it ends up to be completely worth it since you can experience different perspectives of science, history, and fine and modern art. The museums on the top of my list include: Whitney Museum of Art, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York Hall of Science, Museum of Modern Art, Frick Collection, and Museum of the Moving Image. There's something about museums that allow me to truly feel content with the world I live in because artists have muses, and those muses come from their surroundings, so knowing that we basically live in big sphere of art satisfies me. Aside from the art, the science and history exhibits also allow me to be in constant awe in the world we live in because it shows what progress we've made and all the decisions and discoveries we've made continue to surprise me. Although our world isn't perfect, it still looks forward to progress. 

-Take a road trip in Canada. I probably couldn't handle a road trip of the entire country, so making a trip from Vancouver to Whistler to Tofino would do. The highway from Vancouver to Whistler is known as "one of the most beautiful in North America" (Reader's Digest). This highway, Highway 99, gives it's travelers the best of both worlds with the view of mountains and ocean. In Whistler, one can see the sights from up high in a zip-line or stay on the ground and take hikes. The beautiful scenery is continued when traveling from Whistler to Tofino. Hopefully somewhere on the way I could spot some moose and try Canadian maple syrup (if that's even a thing).

-Stargaze in Maunakea. I've always had a low-key interest for space and when I watched Interstellar, I couldn't stop about talking about how big the universe is and how fascinating it is. It's honestly insane how small and insignificant us humans are in comparison to the cosmos. Every time I have the opportunity to sit and stare at the stars I have a sense of humility because I remember that I'm such a small person that lives in an infinite universe and there are so many other things and problems that are going on besides my own. Basically it allows me to get over myself. I love looking at stars and the stargazing program in Maunakea is home to some of the greatest astronomical telescopes in the world. The program is held every night of the year from 6 pm to 10 pm and it's free (which is a HUGE plus).

South America

-Dive the Blue Hole. Sweet Jesus, the Blue Hole in Belize is every recreational diver's dream. Known for its depth, the Blue Hole consists of clear, warm water and is home to many vibrant, tropical fish as well as harmless sharks. There I go again with the sharks. If you still can't imagine a good image of the Blue Hole, try to picture a reef and then a sinkhole. That's essentially what the Blue Hole is. It's about 400 feet deep and 900 feet wide with water after the last Ice Age. It was made famous by Jacques Cousteau, who declared it as one of the top ten best scuba diving sites in the world. 

-Take a canopy tour of Monteverde. Zip-lining has always been on my bucket list, and if I were to only do it once in my life, why not do it in Monteverde, home of the finest cloud canopies of Costa Rica? I stated in my previous post that I have slight acrophobia, but at the same time I'm still a bit of an adrenaline freak, so something like zip-lining through a rain forest seems to satisfy my terror..and excitement. The Sky Trek tour allows you to race above the canopy and have larger landing platforms that designates still-photos as well as simply taking a breather. This tour also permits its tourists to take a Sky Tram up the mountain which provides a breathtaking view of the mountain and surrounding rain forest. One thing that helps me relax about this tour is that it uses high quality equipment and you can never be too safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment