Friday, January 23, 2015

mornings

As much as I hiss at sunlight after being in my room for eighty-two years, I've always loved mornings. It's hard to call myself a morning person when I'm waking up for school, though. I never usually wake up happy and motivated for school; I wake up and I'm already rolling my eyes. However, when I'm waking up on the weekends, I'm basically pooping rainbows. I open up the windows, ask my mom if I can make pancakes for breakfast (even though she says no), I clean my room, then I just relax (before I realize I have a crap load of homework due on Monday). On the weekends my day will usually start around 8:30, maybe 9ish. Unless I end up sleeping in the whole day, but most of the time I wake up kind of early.
Summer is a different story. You can find me either waking up early to watch the sun rise (over the summer it usually rises at like 5-6ish) or staying up all night waiting for the sun rise. Occasionally I like to encourage (force) people to watch the sun rise with me. Like one time during my birthday weekend (awkward because my birthday's not during summer but it's still an example of how I force people to watch the sun rise with me), I slept over at Sam's house and got her, my cousin Geoffrey, and this other guy to watch the sun rise in her neighborhood. 

Still can't get over these pictures. I still don't know what that green dot on the top picture is, but that's okay. I think waking up early or staying up all night to watch the sun rise is worth it, but maybe that's just me. Especially when I'm at church retreats over the summer, I just think the sunrise in an unfamiliar place is even better. It goes to show that the world is a pretty small place because everyone sees the same sun, same sunrise, etc. 
I just think mornings are a beautiful thing, ya know? It's like a fresh start. When I'm not forced to do anything or be anywhere, mornings are great. But, I think I should enjoy mornings unconditionally. I think we all should. Like I said, mornings are a fresh start, a beginning for new opportunities. I guess if we all have that kind of mentality, mornings wouldn't be so bad after all. 
- a 

No comments:

Post a Comment