Sunday, October 18, 2015

My Favorite Feelings

Hello everyone. It's Sam. Yes, I realize that I haven't posted in 37462 years and I greatly apologize for that. If you have followed my posts prior to this one, you'll know that I've been writing a bucketlist for my inner globetrotter. Well, this post is gonna be quite different from that ((as you can tell from the title)). Like my post about my Myers-Briggs Type, this entry is inspired by a YouTube video titled, My Favorite Feelings. I found this video relevant because for the past month or so I've been going through a lot of stress, which is certainly not one of my favorite feelings. So I decided to take a step back from all the tension and anxiety and talk about a few of my own favorite feelings...not in any particular order (:

1. Accomplishing my goals
I'm one of those people that cannot, for the life of them, focus on one thing at a time. I HAVE to be listening to or looking at 2 or 3 other things while "focusing" on 1 main objective, so when I actually complete something, I feel like I can conquer the world.

2. Helping others with their problems
Honestly there is nothing more satisfying than listening to someone's problems and talking to them about it. I absolutely love it when people are vulnerable with me because all I can think of is "Wow, you trust me with bits and pieces of you that you usually don't share with others? I feel honored" and I get really really reeeally happy. The best part is when I'm talking them through their issues and giving them advice and then they take it and I just love knowing that I helped them go through a certain issue. 

3. Making spontaneous plans
I love the rush of doing new things unexpectedly and nine times out of ten they work out beautifully. I'm not giving enough explanation as to how much I love spontaneity, but trust me, I love it.

4. Going to Eucharistic Adoration
If you are not aware of what Eucharistic Adoration is, it's essentially a practice that Roman Catholics, Anglo-Catholics, and some Lutherans do where the Eucharist is exposed and we adore it. It's honestly the most humbling experience in the world, stripping myself from all of your pride and adoring the Blessed Sacrament in serenity. Afterwards, I feel that all of the pressures of the world are lifted from my shoulders and my heavy heart comes to peace.

5. Getting a really good hug
Not gonna lie, not everyone who hugs me gives reeeeally good hugs. What I consider a good hug is when the person either a) is hugging me with the same intensity that I'm giving them b) is rubbing my back or c) our bodies are just perfectly molded together and when we hug it's a sign from God that we should hug till the end of time ((the last one only applies to like 2 people to be honest)). When I receive one of these wonderful hugs, I feel a wave of happiness wash over me and it's quite beautiful.

6. Committing to a Criminal Minds marathon
Five hours of Shemar Moore and Matthew Gray Gubler is quite a gratifying feeling. That's basically it.

7. Looking at the ocean
As I have mentioned before, I love the ocean. I love going to the beach solely because it lets me look at the ocean in person. Staring at the beauty of the ocean gives me a peace of mind and allows me to be in such awe of the Earth we live in. The way I see it, the ocean is a vast enigma and although we've seen so much of it, there is more yet to be discovered! That's insane!

No comments:

Post a Comment