Wednesday, November 25, 2015

To my future husband

Hi guys! Wow, it's only been a little more a month since I last posted. I think that deserves a pat on the back. Anyways, like some of my past posts, this is inspired by a YouTube video. I'm not sorry. This post is inspired by Will Darbyshire's, A Letter To My Future Wife. I hope you enjoy!

To my future husband, 

Hello. Hopefully you're out there somewhere...there's a big chance that I don't know you yet, but that's what makes waiting fun, right? No? Okay..

Well, I would like to say thank you for marrying me. Trust me, my 17-year-old self was hesitant to even write this post because there's the possibility that I won't get married. I guess this post is just trying to keep me in a positive mindset. Anyway, thank you for believing in me and loving me and putting up with my weird quirks. Also, thank you for accepting my imperfections, for not judging me when I'm at my worst, and most importantly, accepting that I am absolutely in love with Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing.

I also want to say a big fat sorry in advance. In advance of our fights (big and small), my family drama, the nonsensical blabbing and nagging...the list goes on. You must be an amazing guy because there will be a lot of crap that you're gonna have to deal with. I am so lucky to have you.

Regardless of all of this, you and I both know that relationships are all about give and take. So luckily, you have a perfectly imperfect wife ((aka me)) that will also put up with your peculiarities. You'll probably have a problem with tugging your tie or collar when you're nervous or you'll laugh obnoxiously loud or you'll have the guilty pleasure of listening to Christina Aguilera CDs. Fret not, I will love you just the same. 

So we're gonna need to have some patience because chances are, we don't know each other. I will never know for sure if you actually listen to Christina or tug on your clothing or laugh like a maniac, but something I do know is that I am very excited to meet you.

Much love, 
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment