Sunday, February 22, 2015

Nine Lives of Sam (5-8)

Didn't wanna overwhelm you with all the surreal expectations, so here's part deux.

Life 5: I was a classically trained singer since I was 14 and attended Idyllwild Arts Academy and for college I attended New York University for classical voice, while also getting my Masters in Music Composition. Before I acquired my fame at the Met, I traveled around the world to different opera houses for six years. I spent the l0ngest time in Italy, while also having a secret love affair with my body guard, Sergio. Sergio ended up traveling with me everywhere, and when I was offered to perform at the Met, Sergio was right by my side. After three years, Sergio proposed to me in front of the Eiffel Tower while I was on a break. We got married seven months later, with only our closest family and friends invited. Sergio and I never had children to fill our penthouse in Brooklyn, but our mini aquarium filled with jellyfish, starfish, and clownfish kept us company as well as the friends we invite to our frequent festivities.

Life 6: I attended California College of the Arts to get my Masters in interior design. Martha Stewart was basically my inspiration for four years after I graduated, but let's be real, it's hard to be Martha Stewart. I didn't really make a lot of money within those first four years of my so-called career until one of my  closest friends became a famous pop star and asked me to design her house. That's when the money started rolling in. My friend would throw extravagant parties in her Beverly Hills mansion and the A-Listers would ask "Who decorated your house?!" and of course, she would credit me. I then became a famous interior decorator for prominent stars, and big stars meant big money. Within the first five years of this, I was able to invest in a house in Bel Air, a beach house in Malibu, and a studio apartment in Brooklyn. With all that property, I didn't have anyone to share it with until I met Marcus, a cellist for the LA Philharmonic. Marcus and I had four kids, Gianna and Isabella ((twins)), Matthew, and Joseph. We resided in the Bel Air property ((using the other two as vacation spaces)) with our loving Golden Labrador, Joe.

Life 7: I attended University of California San Diego, majoring in pharmaceutical sciences. I got my degree and worked in a local hospital for seven years. As much as I loved helping people in the city of San Diego, I felt like there was a bigger calling for me so I signed up to be a pharmacist for Medecins Sans Frontieres, also known as Doctors Without Borders. I traveled to many third world countries around the world, but I predominantly worked in Africa and southeast Asia. Since I traveled so much, I never maintained long friendships, but that was fine with me. Whenever I would come back home, I was greeted with family love and I shared my abundance of stories from working on the field. I worked with MSF for ten years, and finally settled in a condo in San Francisco, overlooking Fisherman's Wharf. I never married, but I had my three koalas, Caressa, Chris, and Martin to keep me company.

Life 8: I decided to enlist in the army after my freshman year of college because I felt like I was going nowhere with the community college route. Thankfully, I was able to qualify and I served four years in the army where I fell in love with a nurse, Andrew. Andrew treated me while I was shot in battle and he seemed to be completely perfect for me, he was funny, kind, musically inclined, and super cultured. The thing is, he was engaged, which left me heart-broken. After my service, we parted ways and I never saw him again until I finished college at University of Southern California. I was running an errand and decided to grab a cup of coffee and all of a sudden, I see that the person in front of me is none other than my first love, Andrew. Luckily, he recognized me as I did him, and we caught up. Within half an hour of chatting, I found out that he and his fiancĂ© called off the engagement ((in which I faked my condolences)) and he's currently a physician's assistant at a local hospital. We also found ourselves talking about my college experience and getting my Bachelor's in Humanities. Unfortunately, our talk was cut short when he told me he had to get back on his shift, but we were able to exchange numbers. We became great friends and got married four years later. The following year, I gave birth to our son, Anthony. We all happily lived together in a beach house in Santa Monica.

No comments:

Post a Comment