Monday, December 28, 2015

25 Reasons to Live

When I was in the hospital, my very first “assignment” was to write out 25 reasons to live, and share them during our group session. Since the original copy is in a box somewhere, I’m making a new one. With the new year comes so many new challenges, and I know I’m going to want to look at this list every once in awhile (probably everyday, let's be real). I don’t know if I’ll get around to making a resolutions list, because first of all, I never have, and second, I’m really skeptical of my own ability to commit to a goal (how many years have I been trying to stop biting my nails again?). But I know for sure that in 2016, I can commit to staying alive for these reasons:

  1. upcoming movies you literally cannot miss (i could write an entire post on this)
  2. there are so many foods you haven’t tried yet
  3. and so many foods are worth living for
  4. your heart isn’t done growing
  5. all those hours you spent on pinterest planning your wedding. don’t you dare let those go to waste.
  6. concerts
  7. a home of your own
  8. there are lives to touch, guide, protect, heal, love, change, save
  9. that moose watching adventure
  10. so many dogs to be adopted
  11. you don’t even truly know yourself, there’s good inside of you that you haven’t even seen yet
  12. you have a date. eventually.
  13. your future is probably full of joy
  14. outlive the haters
  15. to be a living, breathing, screaming invitation to believe better things
  16. celebrations
  17. you have so much to give
  18. there’s such a lot of world to see
  19. what if there’s a conversation waiting to happen that will change everything?
  20. happy days
  21. you really do care about people
  22. people really do care about you
  23. books to read
  24. music you haven’t heard yet
  25. you will refuse to end until you can reap no more serenity, courage, or wisdom from this planet

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment